Understanding the core concepts behind OCF opens up a world of creative possibilities and CAN IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF YOUR WORK. The amazing thing is that you do not need a lot of expensive gear to achieve great editorial results. Believe it or not, (camera excluded) the money spent on producing this image was less than $250:
Speed-lights + trigger: $130 Backdrop stand: $40 Background - jersey knit fabric: $7 Clamps: $20 Softbox: $30 Knowing how to use it all: Priceless
Many photographers avoid incorporating OCF into their workflow because of the steep learning curve. For this reason, I have developed a workshop to help turn this daunting task into something you will enjoy learning about. I promise that you will walk away from this workshop with the knowledge and newfound inspiration to begin creating high quality editorial imagery of your own.
THIS course will cover:
1. The gear you need and how to configure your camera and speed-lights for OCF.
2. How to network with others in the industry to cultivate inspiration and design editorials.
3. Core concepts you need to understand in order to master OCF such as the inverse square law and balancing ambient light with flash.
4. Lighting setups common in editorial and fashion photography.
5. How to effectively work with gels.
6. How to setup off camera flash for macro beauty work.
7. Posing basics and model direction.
8. A bunch of other stuff plus any questions you have about this exciting field.